Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's the bottom of the 10th inning and...

I can't believe I'm actually watching an MLB All-Star game that means something. Wait, I can't believe it's in extra innings and I'm watching some of the most exciting ball being played and it's an MLB All-Star game!!!

Uggla doubled out during the 10th inning, leaving Russell Martin (Go Dodgers!!!) stranded on third - then started the bottom of the inning with two straight errors... ugh, Uggla. But that's when it got interesting. I can't remember the last time I saw a pitcher get out of a jam like Aaron Cook did with bases loaded - and what about that throw by Tejada to keep the NL team alive?

Then in the next inning, McLouth threw out Navarro at home (with Martin covering the plate beautifully) - For sure I thought the AL had won it. Talk about exciting.

--------

The 12th inning has just started, and Cook just gave up a double (that looked a lot like a homer!!!)... why is Cook still pitching? Uggla almost couldn't make another routine play... I gotta say, I've lost a lot of respect for this Uggla-fellow.

The good news - the last three innings, Martin (Go! Dodgers!!) has been brilliant defensively - no wonder this guy is an All-Star... I wonder what Uggla is doing in the same game. Getting back to the game though, it's the bottom of the 12th, with runners on the corners and two outs... and ... Cook gets out of ANOTHER JAM!!!

Uggla made ANOTHER Error in the 13th... and he struck out in the 15th ~ I wonder how he feels right now?


The NL pitcher at the bottom of the 15th is Lidge - he has runners on first and second, with only one out (I kinda wish Cook was on the mound right about now)... he's now loaded the bases, and there is still only one out... and Young just popped out to right, and the AL side has just won - and FOX keeps showing a close-up of a very unhappy Uggla. Tough break.



No comments: